The Project “Expression in Dialogue” started in September 2018. Is a strategic partnership which intends to directly address the refugee cause from diverse realities in Europe creating innovative youth work tools for:
- supporting the inclusion of young migrants and refugees strengthening the sense of belonging to the hosting communities
- mainstreaming intercultural dialogue and de-construct prejudices through the implementation of Living Library actions in order to encourage interaction bringing communities together.
The Project proposes to work for, with and by young migrants and refugees together with youth workers from diverse communities around Europe to develop innovative practices on refugee inclusion through Human Rights Education and Living Library methodologies.
After the Capacity-Building training course (in February 9-16 in Tallinn), all the partners organisations were busy with the creation of the active group committing to organise their local actions – Living Library – and were doing necessary preparations for implementing Living Library event locally. This preparation includes, of course, logistical and technical preparataion, but more importantly, finding and preparing the Human Books (“the catalogue”) and dissemination of the invitations and calls for the Living Library event.
All the partners advanced a lot in this process and as a result 5 Living Library local events (so far) are planned to take place in May and June 2019:
- 2-3 of May – by the WeOrganisation (VYRE) in Rotterdam, the Netherlands;
- 11th of May – by the House of Europe in Rhodes, Greece;
- 25th of May – by AHEAD (and local partners), in Barcelona, Catalonia;
- 8th of June – by Young Effect in Magenta (and local partners), Italy;
- 20th of June – by Trajectory@ (and local partners) in Tallinn.
Besides, very soon, the Expressions in Dialogue coordinators’s meeting will take place in Magenta (Italy) on dates 7-10 of June. This time each national coordinator will come together with one representative of the local Living Library team. The agenda includes as well sharing the results of local Living Libraries, that have taken place already and the progress of preparations of the ones, that are still to come.
- MTÜ Trajectorya (Estonia)
- Young Effect Association (Italy)
- AHEAD – Association of Human Rights Educators (Catalonia/Spain)
- House of Europe in Rhodes (Greece)
- VYRE – Voices of Young refugees (France) through its members WeOrganisation (the Netherlands) and ArteWeda (Poland).